The WWPA recently released their projections for the 2012 season and the coaches predict for Loyola Marymount to win the league as they earned six of the nine first place votes with UC San Diego earning the other three to fall just three points behind LMU for second place.
LMU returns two 2011 first team all-conference players including the reigning player of the year in Kimberly Benedetti and Casey Flacks. Overall there are 12 all-conference players returning for this season.
The 2012 Western Water Polo Women's Championship will be held April 27 - 29 and hosted by UC San Diego at Canyonview Aquatic Center in La Jolla, Calif.
Here is the complete poll
1. Loyola Marymount 62 points (6 first place votes)
2. UC San Diego 59 points (3)
3. Santa Clara 47 points
4. Colorado State 40 points
5. Cal State East Bay 38 points
6. Cal State Bakersfield 31 points
7. Sonoma State 23 points
8. Cal State Monterey Bay 14 points
9. Cal State San Bernardino 10 points