Loyola Marymount is tabbed by the coaches to win the 2013 WWPA title.
The coaches of the WWPA have predicted their league champion, and LMU has been selected to win the 2013 regular season. The seven first-place votes were the maximum allowed, since teams can not vote for themselves, went to LMU, the other went to UC San Diego.
LMU is the favorite to win their 10th WWPA title over the past 13 years, they won the title in 2012, with UC San Diego taking the 2012 title. In the preseason national poll, the WWPA had two teams ranked with LMU being ranked No. 8, and UC San Diego was ranked No. 20.
The 2013 Western Water Polo Women's title will be held April 26 - 28 at Santa Clara University.
Here is the preseasons coaches poll:
1. Loyola Marymount - 49 Points (7 first place votes)
2. UC San Diego - 43 points (1)
3. Santa Clara - 36 points
4. Colorado State - 30 points
5. Cal State East Bay - 24 points
6. Sonoma State - 20 points
7. Cal State Monterey Bay - 15 points
8. Cal State San Bernardino - 7 points